Friday, July 19, 2013

Girl, 16, Attacks Taliban in U.N. Speech

Malala Yousafzai is amazing.  The power in her voice!  

Full text of her speech is here, but you really want to hear her speak.

Dear Friends, on the 9th of October 2012, the Taliban shot me on the left side of my forehead. They shot my friends too. They thought that the bullets would silence us. But they failed. And then, out of that silence came, thousands of voices. The terrorists thought that they would change our aims and stop our ambitions but nothing changed in my life except this: Weakness, fear and hopelessness died. Strength, power and courage was born.  I am the same Malala.


2 comments:

edutcher said...

The most dangerous person in the world is the one who figures they have nothing left to lose.

dc said...

I wonder how the psycho killers will react to this.